If you want to keep something close, bury it in your back yard.
If you want to attract something, bury it under the front door step
If you want to destroy its influence, burn it.
If you want it to move away and sink, throw it in running water
If you want to disperse it to a distance, throw it into a crossroads
If you want to fix its influence, inter it in a five-spot pattern
If you want it to work by means of spirits, bury it in a graveyard
If you want to hide its point of origin, conceal it in a tree
If you want it to work in secret, give it in food or drink
If you want it to work by stealth, hide it in clothing or on objects
If you want its influence to begin or strengthen, throw it East
If you want its influence to end or weaken, throw it West
If you want its influence to rise and fall cyclicly, float it in a tidal estuary
Greek Pantheon Asks
- Aphrodite: What do you find attractive in a partner? Sense of humor
- Apollo: Favourite song? "Fix You" by Coldplay
- Ares: If you had to fight someone in a duel, what would be your weapon of choice? Baseball bat
- Artemis: Favourite animal? Elephant
- Athena: Do you have any special talents? Listening
- Demeter: Favourite food? Tacos
- Dionysus: Favourite drink? Beer
- Hades: If you could meet a person from history, who would it be and why? Hypatia of Alexandria because she inspired me to become a librarian.
- Hephaestus: If you could learn a skill instantly, what would you choose? Learn every language fluently
- Hera: Do you want to get married and/or have children? Yes
- Hermes: Where in the world would you most like to visit? Morocco
- Hestia: Where do you most want to live? San Francisco
- Poseidon: If you were shipwrecked on a tropical island, what would you want to have with you? Sun block
- Zeus: If you ruled the world, what would you change? I would champion pro-environment policies.
- Persephone: How do you cope with difficult situations? A cup of tea and music
The Pagan Name Generator is a fun way to find a new name and help develop your pagan identity. Ditch that tired, old mundane name and get a new one, or find one for your friends! Choose male, female, or gender neutral, and the generator will automatically create your new name.
In case you needed a good chuckle
I am now “Ravynne Isis Cassandra”
Update: my fiancé is “Lugh Angel River”
Apparently I am “Guinevere Celestine Moonchild” XD
So my name appears to be Artemis Gaia Elven >.<
Fiance is “Dagda Wood Mystic”.
I am “Firestorm Acorn Crow”.
ELRIC TORC PSYCHE.
I am okay with this!!! My name is metal as fuck in a terrible pulp fantasy barbarian fiction sort of way!
Athena Wolfhaven Ice XD
Morgan Firestorm Edain.
Sweet…I’m from a family of Elf-friends!
Astra Crystal Malachite.
Y’know, I think I’m going to stick with Genevra.
Kali Butterfly Dagda
At the end of my undergraduate career I have been reflecting on how important finding information is in all of the aspects of my life. In my Pagan life, research skills have helped me deepen my spirituality and have sorted the fact from the fiction.…
On every full moon, rituals … take place on hilltops,
beaches, in open fields and in ordinary houses.
Writers, teachers, nurses, computer programmers,
artists, lawyers, poets, plumbers,
and auto mechanics — women and men from many backgrounds
come together to celebrate the mysteries of the Triple Goddess of the Dance of Life.
The religion they practice is called Witchcraft.
—Starhawk (via hangthewitch)
Happy Earth Day! As a witch I think that since I have the means to be green, it is my duty to live an earth friendly lifestyle. Here are a couple of ideas that you can do to be a little greener.
- Be a Better Recycler: Check with your provider about what…
Today I noticed two things as I woke up. The first was that it was roughly 65 degrees, sunny, and bright. Later as I walked about campus, several of the trees have bloomed and the community has taken to the lawns and decks. As I write this post I am…